VHS Pre Enrollment Questionnaire
Failure to complete all questions will have an adverse impact on your results.
1. Who is most responsible for what and how much you learn?
a. I am ultimately responsible for my own learning.
b. The instructor and I share equal responsibility for what and how much I learn.
c. The instructor is most responsible for what and how much I learn.
2. Which statement best describes your personal motivation and self-discipline?
a. I take pride in my ability to motivate myself.
b. I sometimes need others to encourage and motivate me.
c. I often need supervision to complete my assigned tasks.
3. Which statement best describes your problem solving skills?
a. I enjoy solving problems on my own.
b. I enjoy solving problems but sometimes need assistance.
c. I find problem solving difficult and often need assistance.
4. Which statement best describes your interest in taking a Virtual High School Course?
a. I'm very interested in taking a Virtual High School course.
b. I'm somewhat interested in taking a Virtual High School course.
c. I could be satisfied taking a similar course offline.
5. Which statement best describes your ability to plan, prioritize tasks and organize assignments?
a. I always plan ahead and stay organized.
b. I try to plan ahead but have some difficulty staying on task.
c. I always seem to be running behind.
6. I submit my assignments on time:
a. Always. I always complete assignments thoroughly and on time.
b. Usually. I usually complete assignments on time.
c. Rarely. I have a problem starting tasks and often do not complete them.
7. Considering your academic, work, and personal schedule, the amount of time you have to devote to an online class is:
a. More than for an offline course.
b. The same as for an offline course.
c. Less than for an offline course.
8. Which statement best describes your writing ability?
a. I have strong writing skills.
b. I am an average writer.
c. Writing is not my strong point.
9. Which statement best describes your reading ability?
a. I Typically understand text without assistance.
b. I sometimes need assistance to understand the text.
c. I usually need assistance to understand the text.
10. Which statement best describes your computer skills?
a. I am comfortable with electronic mail, web browsing, and word-processing.
b. I can get by if there is not too much typing or special software.
c. I am either a novice computer user or I really don't like using a computer.
11. When an instructor gives an assignment, you prefer:
a. Figuring out the instructions yourself.
b. Trying to follow the instructions on your own, then asking for help when you need it.
c. Having the instructions explained to you.
12. Which of the following methods of instructor feedback do you prefer?
a. Written explanation.
b. Both written and oral explanation.
c. Oral explanation.
13. Verbal interaction in the classroom is:
a. Not important to me.
b. Somewhat important to me.
c. Very important to me.
14. When you have a question, how quickly do you feel you need a response from your instructor:
a. Within a few days.
b. Within a day.
15. Which of the following statements best describes your preferred learning style?
a. I prefer working with and learning from my classmates.
b. I prefer working one on one with my teacher.
c. I prefer working alone.
Want to know more?
For an explanation of the results, check out the
Virtual High School
4 Clock Tower Place, Suite 510
Maynard, MA 01754
Copyright the Virtual High School. All rights reserved.