Schools, teachers, and students all benefit by joining VHS!
By joining VHS schools will:
- Instantly expand course offerings without the cost of adding onsite classes.
- Meet diverse student learning interests and needs by offering a full catalog of unique courses.
- Overcome student scheduling challenges by offering anytime, anywhere online courses.
- Receive online professional development training without the need to incur travel and substitution costs.
- Continually expanding offerings, such as Summer School, Dual Credit, and International Baccalaureate courses.
- More information for administrators or school boards.
By joining VHS teachers will:
- Participate in online professional development training, including the ability to earn up to 12 graduate level credits.
- Receive individualized mentoring and support to ensure ongoing success in VHS.
- Have the opportunity to learn and practice new teaching skills.
- Collaborate with colleagues on a national and international level.
- More information for teachers.
By joining VHS students will:
- Engage in challenging on-line courses.
- Experience robust interactions with teachers and peers.
- Have unique opportunities to collaborate and exchange ideas across cultures and time zones.
- Enjoy scheduling flexibility; students can attend class and courses can take place anywhere and anytime within a 24-hour period.
- Participate in courses that are highly desired, but aren't otherwise available.
- More information for parents or students.
Are you interested in joining the Virtual High School? Check out all of our membership options to learn which is right for you.
Joining Virtual High School was one of the single best things that this district has done in the past five years! We are a very small district with under 300 students in our high school. Virtual High School has enabled us to offer a rich curriculum comparable to that available in big schools while continuing to enjoy the advantages of a small, close-knit school. In addition, it has eliminated most scheduling conflicts. Virtual High School is the greatest!
- Caroline White, Millis, MA, Superintendent of Schools