Week 01: Start Here / Introduction to Physics
Week 02: Motion in a Straight Line
Week 03: Free Fall and Motion Problems
Week 04: Two Dimensional Motion
Week 05: Newton’s Laws of Motion
Week 06: Work and Energy
Week 07: Conservation of Energy
Week 08: Mid Term Exam
Week 09: Impulse and Momentum
Week 10: Universal Gravitation
Week 11: Circular Motion
Week 12: Rotational Motion
Week 13: Density, Pressure, and States of Matter
Week 14: Review and Problem Solving
Week 15: Final Exam
1. Describe the physical environment using appropriate units and terms.
2. Correctly apply math operations to problem solutions.
3. Develop a conceptual understanding in Physics, specifically in understanding the motion of objects in one, two, and three dimensions.
4. Define displacement, speed, velocity, and acceleration.
5. Utilize vectors in the analysis of two-dimensional motion.
6. Apply Newton’s Laws in understanding the motion of objects.
7. Apply the Universal Law of Gravitation.
8. Define work and energy, and identify different types of energy and their transfers.
9. Apply conservation of energy principles to problem solving.
10. Define impulse and momentum.
11. Apply conservation of momentum principles to problem solving.
12. Identify types of forces and their influences.
13. Describe forces using vector analysis and determine the net force.
14. Practice observation skills, reasoning skills, communication skills and problem solving strategies.