|Planning for College Summer Offering|
MA NCES Code:
|10, 11, 12|
|Summer I, Summer II (Summer I: 20 Seats; Summer II: 20 Seats; )|
|Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools; Northwest Accreditation Commission|
|Course Requires a Media Kit to be Shipped to Students:|
|Course Requires a Media Kit to be Purchased by Course Sponsor |
(see additional details below):
This four-week summer session course will teach you college planning skills and help you prepare for the college application process. Topics to be covered include the following:
· Reading and discussing important college planning topics with students globally in an online learning environment.
· Exploring a variety of college options including the two-year college, the four-year college, and the career and technical college.
· Researching colleges online to learn about the diverse offerings available to students.
· Participating in activities to gain further insight into career and personality interests when considering a college.
· Identifying specific skill sets to assist in providing a positive individual fit for a potential college.
· Learning about the important pieces of the college application process including a college essay, a resume, and a cover letter to accompany a college application.
· Developing an awareness of the role testing plays in the college application process.
All course material is included within the online course. There is no need to purchase textbooks or material of any kind.