|Practical Law Section NP|
MA NCES Code:
|10, 11, 12|
|Repeated Semester (Fall: 25 Seats; Spring: 25 Seats; )|
|Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools; Northwest Accreditation Commission|
|Course Requires a Media Kit to be Shipped to Students:|
|Course Requires a Media Kit to be Purchased by Course Sponsor |
(see additional details below):
· This course explores practical and controversial topics of law which affect young
people in the United States.
· Start with the foundation of law in America, the United States Constitution.
· Learn how the criminal justice system works and participate in a mock trial.
· Debate timely and relevant issues in criminal law.
· Compare the juvenile justice system of various states.
· Discuss issues such as employment, consumer, and family law.
· Examine the civil rights protections that residents of the United States enjoy and
analyze what happens when these rights are infringed upon.
Note: Some controversial issues are of a mature nature and may not be suitable for all students.