|Financial Literacy Summer Offering|
MA NCES Code:
|10, 11, 12|
|Summer I, Summer II (Summer I: 20 Seats; Summer II: 20 Seats; )|
|Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools; Northwest Accreditation Commission|
|Course Requires a Media Kit to be Shipped to Students:|
|Course Requires a Media Kit to be Purchased by Course Sponsor |
(see additional details below):
After successfully completing Financial Literacy, you will be able to:
· analyze, manage, and monitor your saving and spending habits.
· identify your personal financial goals and determine ways to attain these goals.
· distinguish between gross and net income.
· compare and contrast among financial institutions.
· assess the importance of maintaining good credit.
· classify the different types of insurance and justify the purpose of having it.
· evaluate good investment opportunities.
· analyze future financial situations and apply the skills learned in Personal Finance in making wise and
beneficial choices to live a secure and stable life.
All course material is included within the online course. There is no need to purchase textbooks or material of any kind.
Please note if the student is taking this course for credit recovery, it is advised that you check with the student's school to confirm that the topics covered (see course syllabus) match those required by the school. You may also want to confirm with the school the process for receiving credits, which may involve an assessment administered separately by the school.